Pet Care Specialist - Falls Church
Barkley Square Professional Pet Services is a full-service petcare provider with current job opportunities in Northern Virginia and Washington, DC. This particular position is focused on the Falls Church area encompassing the following zip codes: 22041, 22042, 22043, 22044, and 22046. We are looking for dedicated animal lovers to join our growing company! We offer a competitive benefits package including health insurance, supplemental insurance, IRA, smartphone, and mileage reimbursement for full-time VIP client routes. Applicants MUST have a car and internet access to be considered for employment. We conduct a thorough background check before hiring.
The purpose of the Pet Care Specialist position is to provide dog walking and pet sitting service to our clients. This includes VIP walks (walks on a daily basis for the same client), on-call walks, bed & breakfast (when applicable) and overnight stays. The Pet Care Specialist position is the main face of the company to the client.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provide dog walking and pet sitting services on a daily (VIP) or on-call basis.
- Responsible for maintaining a “Daily Diary” that summarizes the events of each visit.
- Attends various pet-related community events that Barkley Square participates in throughout the year.
- Recognizes and reports differences in pet’s behavior
- Brings in newspapers, waters plants, turns on houselights, takes out trash and other miscellaneous housekeeping tasks (dependent on client preference)
- Leave client’s home in the same or better cleanliness level as found.